Although healthy diets are key to achieving good health and quality of life, more than 3 billion people are unable to afford healthy diets.
Poor quality diets are the leading cause of disease and death, responsible for 20% of premature death worldwide.
The time is right to transform our food systems to better deliver healthy diets.
Governments, civil society, the private sector, food producers all along the value chains and
individual consumers all have an important role to play in transforming local food systems.
Immediate and long-term solutions should guarantee access to a food environment that facilitates healthy food choices.
Follow FAO on social media!
* Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/UNFAO
* Instagram – https://instagram.com/fao
* LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/fao
* TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@fao
* Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/fao/
* Weibo – https://www.weibo.com/unfao